The Millennium Centre is the perfect venue for both public and private events, including weddings ceremonies and receptions, corporate meetings, fundraisers, celebrations, exhibitions, conferences, photo shoots and more. The main floor is wheelchair accessible and air conditioned. If you are interested in using the Millennium Centre as a filming location, please contact us directly for booking information.
The spacious main level Celebration Hall features approximately 6500 square feet of useable space with 50 foot ceilings capped by a 52 foot stained glass dome and classical stylings throughout. A popular wedding ceremony and reception venue, Celebration Hall breathes effortless elegance and sophistication into any event. A maximum capacity of 220 guests is recommended for events such as wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Originally the bank manager’s office, the main level Tapestry Room is named for the wall coverings found throughout the space. With approximately 850 square feet of space and 10 foot high ceilings, it features a striking mahogany fireplace, decorative plaster ceiling, grand chandelier and a collection of plush leather chairs. The intimate feel and rich décor provides the perfect setting for wedding photos or meetings. The Tapestry Room can accommodate up to 45 guests.
FOR ALL RENTALS
• An additional $150 heating surcharge is applied to all events taking place in the months of
December, January and February.
• A $200 cleaning deposit must be made at the time of booking. The deposit will be refunded if the building is left in a reasonable condition at the end of the event and does not require the cleaners to spend more than their standard allotted time to return it to its pre-event state.
• Absolutely no confetti of any type – glitter, paper, rice, rose petals or anything else – may be used anywhere in the venue.
CELEBRATION HALL RENTAL
(MAXIMUM OF 220 GUESTS)
Monday thru Thursday rental for up to 8 hours: $1550 (no taxes)
Friday thru Sunday rental for up to 8 hours: $2050 (no taxes)
AMENITIES INCLUDED WITH RENTAL
• Commercial kitchen for licensed caterers
• 30 round tables (60 inches in diameter)
• 140 basic folding chairs
• Risers for the head table or speaker
• Audio equipment (speakers, microphone and podium)
• Baby grand piano
• Red carpet for wedding ceremonies
• Universally accessible entrance and washrooms
• Up to three hours for your rehearsal or set up prior to the event
Please note that you are expected to promptly tear down everything that the end of your event, removing all the décor, putting away the tables and chairs, and ensure nothing is left behind. Returning the next day for tear down can be done for an additional cost.
AMENITIES AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL COST
• Set up or tear down of the tables and chairs by staff: $150 per hour
• Additional time for your rehearsal, set up or tear down: $100 per hour
• Opening the building multiple times for deliveries or pick ups: $100 per hour
• A projector and large screen: $500
• Custom lighting, video services and photo booth packages
• Up to 160 chiavari chairs: $7 per chair
• Use of the Tapestry Room during the event (no food allowed): $475
TAPESTRY ROOM RENTAL
(MAXIMUM OF 45 GUESTS – NO FOOD ALLOWED)
Monday thru Thursday rental for up to 8 hours: $750 (no taxes)
Friday thru Sunday rental for up to 8 hours: $1200 (no taxes)
PHOTO SHOOT RENTAL
Cost per hour: $200 (no taxes)
Includes access to Celebration Hall and Tapestry Room.
Special requests for other locations can be made during booking.
Catering is not included in the rental cost of the Millennium Centre. We encourage you to bring your own licenced catering company or use our recommended companies, WOW Hospitality Concepts, or Bergman’s On Lombard if available. Contact information can be provided. CATERING REQUIREMENTS
A certified caterer or licensed bartender of choice who is registered with the health department can only serve alcohol with food services. A social occasion permit is required for the event to serve alcohol, whether purchased through the licensed caterer, bartender or by the client.
The Millennium Centre follows the protocols set by the provincial government health authorities concerning COVID-19. For more information, please check the provincial health guidelines for current regulations regarding occupancy limits, face masks, proof of vaccination and physical distancing.
The Millennium Centre offers discounted rental rates for non-profit charitable organizations. Please contact us directly for more information.
One complimentary viewing of the Millennium Centre will be provided for each potential event. To view the building multiple times for the same potential event, additional fees will apply.
The Millennium Centre is managed by Heritage Winnipeg, a nonprofit charitable organization established in promote the restoration, rehabilitation and preservation of Winnipeg’s built environment. Please include your desired date and event type, and direct your inquiry to:
Executive Director of Heritage Winnipeg